The Anthropology and Mental Health Interest Group announces its second annual graduate student paper award. We invite submissions for the best graduate student paper in the anthropology of mental health and wellbeing. The awardee will receive $100 and a certificate presented during Fall 2023 at the SMA Business Meeting.
Papers must have been written in the last 12 months, have the submitter as a first or primary author, and must be based on original fieldwork.
To qualify, applicants must be:
- Enrolled as a graduate student during the Fall 2023 semester;
- A member of the Society for Medical Anthropology, at the time of the award (November 2023)
- Strong grounding in ethnography
- Demonstrates command of literature and theory
- Clear and well-articulated methods
- Clearly articulated connection to the Anthropology of Mental Health
- Organization and quality of writing
To apply, please submit an abstract with a draft of your manuscript to Melinda González at email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org. The submission deadline is September 20, 2023 at 5 p.m. Manuscripts should be submitted as docx or pdf.