The Society for the Study of Psychiatry and Culture (SSPC) is now accepting abstract submissions for the 2015 Annual Meeting to be held in Providence, Rhode Island, April 23-25, 2015. SSPC is also accepting paper submissions for the Charles Hughes and John Spiegel Fellowships for trainees in social and clinical sciences. Deadlines for abstracts and fellowship applications are September 15, 2015.
Full details for submission are included in the attached “Call for Papers” and “Call for Fellows.”
We especially encourage interactive workshop submissions focused on the five conference themes in culture and global mental health.
- Origins and transformations of knowledge and practice in global mental health
- Human rights, ethics, politics, and policy
- Social determinants of mental health and health care
- Intervention development and cultural adaptation
- Scaling-up, implementation, and knowledge dissemination
In addition, there are cross-cutting issues that may play a part in each of the above:
- Knowledge transfer between and among low- and middle-income countries (LMIC) and high-income countries (HIC)
Populations and predicaments
For additional conference or SSPC information, please contact Roberto Lewis-Fernández, Chairman of the Program Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Liz Kramer, Executive Director, at email@example.com. For information on trainee fellowships, please contact Brandon Kohrt at firstname.lastname@example.org.